- View Chat, LLC (collectively, “we” or “us” or “VIEW CHAT”) is pleased to provide you its online services and applications: the viewchat.net (the “Site”) and the mobile application “ViewChat” (the “App”), (collectively, the “Service” or the “Services”).
View Chat, LLC is a private company formed in Delaware, United States, and for the purposes of the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) is the data controller.
- View Chat is an interactive social networking service bringing people together to post and share their thoughts, opinions, and comments in real time while watching television shows, news programs, and sporting events.
View Chat allows people to connect with others to make viewing anything on TV interactive, more interesting, and fun. View Chat users connect through the View Chat mobile device app or the View Chat website interface.
Our Services instantly connect people everywhere, and any registered user of View Chat can post a comment, opinion, observation, or message, which is public by default, and can include content and links to other websites.
What you share on View Chat may be viewed all around the world instantly.
Irrespective of which country you live in, you authorize us to transfer, store, and use your information in the United States and any other country where we operate. In some of these countries, the privacy and data protection laws and rules regarding when government authorities may access data may vary from those in the country where you live.
- Additional Information: You may choose to provide us with additional information to help improve and personalize your experience across our Services. For example, you may choose to upload and sync your address book so that we can help you find and connect with users you know or help other users find and connect with you. We may later personalize content, such as making suggestions or showing user accounts and Posts for you and other users, based on imported address book contacts. If you connect your account on our Services to your account on another service, the other service may send us information that you authorize for use in the Services. This information may enable cross-posting or otherwise help us improve the Services.
- Posts, Following, Lists, Profile, and Other Public Information: View Chat is primarily designed so that View Chat users can post and share their thoughts, opinions, and comments while watching television shows, news, and sporting events so as to make television a more interactive and enjoyable experience. Most of the information you provide us through View Chat is information you are asking us to make public. You may provide us with profile information such as a short biography, your location, your website, date of birth, and/or a picture. Additionally, your public information includes the messages you Post; the metadata provided with Posts, such as when you Posted and the client application you used to Post; information about your account, such as creation time, language, country, and time zone; and the lists you create, people you follow, and Posts you Like or Repost. View Chat broadly and instantly disseminates your public information to a wide range of users, customers, and services, including search engines, developers, and publishers that integrate View Chat content into their services, and organizations such as universities, public health agencies, and market research firms that analyze the information for trends and insights. When you share information or content via the Services, you should think carefully about what you are making public. We may use this information to make inferences, like what topics you may be interested in. Our default is almost always to make the information you provide through the Services public.
- Your Posted Comments are Public: When you post comments through our Services, we will store and process your posts, and information related to them. Please note that if you interact with other View Chat users, for instance by liking a Post or by posting content, those interactions will be public. When you post at View Chat, please remember that others may copy, store, and re-share the contents of your communications.
II. Our Commitment to Your Privacy
- how and why we collect certain information from you via the Service;
- how we use and with whom we share such information;
- how you can access and update such information; and
- the choices you can make about how we collect, use and share your information.
III. Information We Collect and How We Collect It
- We collect information in the following ways: (i) we collect information you submit via the Service; (ii) we collect information we derive from your use of the Service; and (iii) we collect information we obtain from Social Networking Services (defined below) when you connect to Service via your social media account. The information we gather enables us to personalize, improve and continue to operate the Service.
- In connection with the Service, we collect the following types of information from and about you, including:
- Account Information. Certain features of the Service may require you to create a user account (an “Account”). If you create an Account with us, you will be asked to provide information such as your name, username, password, postal address email address, gender, date of birth, photo and location.
- User Content. Among other features, the Service will allow you to view, create, reproduce, display, perform and share certain content. Other features of the Service allow you to submit content, which includes videos, audio, images, graphics, written posts, comments and other forms of multimedia (collectively, “User Content”). In addition, your User Content is posted and transmitted at your own risk. We cannot control the actions of other users of the Service with whom you choose to share User Content. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your User Content will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
- Technical Usage Information. When you use the Services we will automatically collect information sent to us by your computer, mobile phone, or other access device. This information includes:
- IP addresses and Device IDs, and we will collect and monitor other data and information relating to your device, mobile network and standard web information about your activities on the Service such as your browser type and the pages you access on our Site. We gather and monitor this data to analyze trends, administer the Service, identify users when they visit or use the Service, track users’ movements when using of the Service, and gather anonymized demographic information for aggregate use. We will also use the IP addresses and Device IDs to geo-target advertisements.
- We will use web beacons/GIF, pixel tags and/or other data and analytics, which are instrumentation tools that help us to determine, for instance, whether a page has been viewed or not and, if so, how many times. When you ask us to send you information on a promotion or a newsletter, we will use web beacons to establish how many of the emails are actually opened. In general, any electronic image viewed as part of a web page, including an ad banner, can act as a web beacon. We will use web beacons to collect web usage analytics and we will use similar tools to collect such information from mobile devices.
- When you visit portions of the Service, the server housing the applicable pages automatically generates a “session log”. We use session logs to help us determine how people travel through the Service. In this way, we can structure our pages so that the information most frequently visited is easier to find. By tracking page visits, we can also determine if the information we’re providing is being used. The only data gathered is the IP address from which you came, the source that referred you, the Device ID, the pages you visited and/or the date and time of those visits.
- Contact permission is required to use in chat feature, you can able to chat with contact list. Share and Invite to contact list.
- Information Related to Advertising and Personalization. To support and enhance the Service, we serve, and also allow third parties to serve, advertisements (including, without limitation, pre-and post-roll, banner, frame and pop-up advertisements) through the Service. These advertisements are sometimes targeted and served to particular users and may come from third party companies called “Ad Networks”. As used herein, Ad Networks may include third party ad servers, ad agencies, ad technology vendors and data research firms. Advertisements served through the Service may be targeted to users who fit a certain general profile category gleaned through data and research, which may be based on (i) information inferred from data provided to us by a user, (ii) Service usage patterns of particular users, including tracking of web and mobile usage, (iii) the content that you create or share or (iv) your activity on Third Party Services (as defined in Section X (Third Party Services)).
IV. How We Use Information Collected from You
- As it is in our legitimate interests to be responsive to you and to ensure the proper functioning of our Services, we use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us as follows:
- to register and service your Account;
- to secure your Account and prevent fraud;
- for our internal records, tracking and lawful business purposes;
- in order to contact you to respond to your questions or requests or to provide you with technical support;
- to enable you to provide feedback to us;
- to provide to you and communicate with you about the services, content, features or products you use or request (including to provide you with information concerning changes to the Service which may affect your Account and/or your use of the Service), where you have provided your consent if required by applicable law;
- to customize and optimize the content or advertisements you receive when you use the Service;
- to improve and monetize the Service, which may include tracking traffic, usage, trends and navigation patterns related to your activities on the Service;
- we may aggregate and anonymize data based on your use of the Services to provide reports and analytics which we may share with content providers, advertisers, television production companies, cable networks, OTT platforms, talent agencies or others in the television industry, indicating what viewers thought of certain shows, what activity there was on our Services after viewing them;
- to protect our or third-party rights or interests, including to enforce our Terms of Service;
- to respond to subpoenas, court orders or legal process, or to establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims;
- to prevent fraud or other illegal activity, to prevent imminent bodily harm, or to protect ourselves and you from people violating our Terms of Service, which may include sharing information with other companies, lawyers, courts or other government entities;
- in any other way we describe when you provide the information; and
- for any other purpose with your prior consent.
- Where permissible under applicable law, we reserve the right to send you communications regarding the operation of the Service, or to advise you of Service changes or other events or occurrences which will affect your access to or use of the Service (such as service announcements, administrative notices and the like) without offering you the opportunity to opt out of them.
- Where we send you marketing communications and you do wish to opt-out of receiving future marketing communications, you may do so at any time. We may allow you to do so by clicking the opt out in any future communication, logging in to your applicable Account and you will find options for editing your preferences, or otherwise you can communicate your preferences to us by emailing us at email@example.com.
V. Sharing Your Information
Your information will be shared as follows:
- We will share aggregate and anonymized information about your interests, your use of the Service, and the links and ads that you follow, with content providers, advertisers, television production companies, cable networks, OTT platforms, talent agencies or others in the television industry.
- Safety, Security and Compliance with Law. We will disclose any information, including personal information, as is necessary to comply with any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request, or to enforce our rights or to protect the safety and security of the Service or other users.
- Business Transfers. In the event VIEW CHAT undergoes a business transition, such as a merger or acquisition by another company, or sale of all or a portion of its assets, we will transfer your personal information and other information to the successor organization in such transaction. If material changes to the Service’s privacy practices will occur as a result of the business transition, VIEW CHAT or its successor will notify its users by posting a notice on the Service so that you can elect whether to delete your Account.
- To Service Providers Performing Services on Our Behalf. We contract with third party companies to perform services on our behalf, including advertising, marketing assistance, e-mail delivery, hosting services, customer service, and data research and analysis, and provide your information to them in furtherance of such services. We require any third party service providers to maintain the security of the information disclosed to them.
VI. Transferring Your Information
- We are a US-based company so if you are located outside of the United States, please be aware that the information that we collect from you will be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside of your country and the European Economic Area (“EEA”) in order to provide the Services to you, and, in particular, to the United States, which may have different or less protective privacy laws than those in your country.
- Where the GDPR applies and our processors of your information are located outside the EEA, such transfer will either be: (i) to a recipient certified to the US Department of Commerce’s EU-US Privacy Shield; or (ii) subject to the European Commission’s model contracts for the transfer of personal data to third countries (i.e., the standard contractual clauses, the “Model Clauses”). For more information about the EU-US Privacy Shield Framework, visit the U.S. Department of Commerce’s Privacy Shield website.
VII. How Long we Retain Your Information
- We will retain your information as follows for as long as we are required in order to provide the Service to you, or as required to fulfill our legal requirements and defend legal claims.
- After you have terminated your use of the Service, we will store your information in an aggregated and anonymized format.
VIII. How to Access and Modify Your Information
You may access and modify the information that you have provided to us as follows:
- You may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and request to review, amend or delete your information collected by us, and/or request us to cease collecting information from you in the future.
- If you have created an Account, you may review and make changes to certain of your personal information and other information by logging into your Account and updating your Account profile.
- (a) Functional cookies, which enhance your experience on our Site (e.g. remember what language you speak).
- (b) Performance Cookies, including provided by Google Analytics (see below for further information), which enable us to provide a better user experience based on how you use our Site.
- (c) Targeting or Advertising Cookies, which are set by third parties, including Proper.io, and tell us and those third parties about your browsing habits, so you can be provided with advertising that is more relevant to you
- (d) Social Media Cookies, which are set by Social Networking Services and allow you to share what you’ve been doing on the Site on social media.
You have certain options to control or restrict which information we share with advertisers, Ad Networks or other Third Party Services (as defined in Section X (Third Party Services)). These options depend on whether the information is collected through the Site or the App.
- Options for the Site. Most browsers are initially set up to accept cookies. We or our vendors or content partners use several common online tracking tools, including browser and flash cookies, web beacons and similar technologies, to personalize your experience on the Service, provide measurement services, and serve you targeted advertisements. Most browsers allow you to change your cookie settings. These settings will typically be found in the “options” or “preferences” menu of your browser; otherwise you should use the “Help” option in your browser for more details. Some web browsers have a “Do Not Track” feature that lets the browser specify that a user does not want to have their online activities tracked. There are also available mechanisms created for the digital advertising industry, where you can register your intent not to receive targeted advertising, located at http://www.aboutads.info/choices, http://optout.networkadvertising.org/,
and http://www.youronlinechoices.com. We use Google Analytics, which is a web analytics tool that helps us understand how users engage with the Website. Like many services, Google Analytics uses first-party cookies to track user interactions, as in our case, where they are used to collect information about how users use our site. This information is used to compile reports and to help us improve our Website. The reports disclose website trends without identifying individual visitors. You can opt out of Google Analytics without affecting how you visit our site – for more information on opting out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites you use, visit this Google page: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
- Options for the App. Mobile devices may contain settings that allow you to disable tracking advertising and/or analytics. In addition, the digital advertising industry has provided the ability for mobile users to register their intent not to receive targeted advertising at http://www.aboutads.info/appchoices.
If you choose to disable cookies or opt out of tracking or disengage similar features on your mobile device, some or all areas of the Services may not be optimized for your use, you may not be able to access the functionality of the Services, and the advertising you receive may not be relevant to you.
If you are an individual accessing our Services from the EEA, please also see Section XV (Your EEA Privacy Rights) below.
X. Third Party Services
XI. Our Policy Towards Children
- This Service is not intended for children under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect or solicit personal information from anyone under the age of 13 or knowingly allow such persons to register an Account. Children under the age of 13 should not use the Service or access the Service at any time.
XII. Security of Your Information
- We implement reasonable administrative, technical and physical security measures to protect the security of your information both online and offline, and we are committed to the protection of user information. In general, our business practices limit employee access to confidential information to those employees we reasonably believe need such information do their jobs.
- Your Account information is protected by the password you use to access your Account. It is important that you protect and maintain the security of your Account and that you immediately notify us of any unauthorized use of your Account.
- While we take reasonable precautions against possible security breaches of the Service, no website or Internet transmission is completely secure, and we cannot guarantee that unauthorized access, hacking, data loss, or other breaches will never occur. We urge you to take steps to keep your personal information (including your Account password) safe and to log out of your Account after use.
XIV. Your California Privacy Rights
- A California resident who has provided personal information to a business with whom he/she has established a business relationship for personal, family, or household purposes (“California customer”) is entitled to request information about whether the business has disclosed personal information to any third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes. In general, if the business has made such a disclosure of personal information, upon receipt of a request by a California customer, the business is required to provide a list of all third parties to whom personal information was disclosed in the preceding calendar year, as well as a list of the categories of personal information that were disclosed.
- California customers may request further information about our compliance with this law by e-mailing email@example.com. Please note that we are only required to respond to one request per customer each year, and we are not required to respond to requests made by means other than through this e-mail address.
XV. Your EEA Privacy Rights
If you are located in the EEA, you may have certain rights under the GDPR as set out below.
- Access and Portability: You have the right to ask us to access the personal information we hold about you and be provided with certain information about how we use your information and who we share it with. Where you have provided your personal information to us on the basis of our contract with you or on the basis of your consent, you have the right to ask us for a copy of this information in a structured, machine readable format and to ask us to share (port) this data to another data controller.
- Right to deletion: In certain circumstances, you have the right to ask us to delete the personal information we hold about you:
- where you believe that it is no longer necessary for us to hold your information;
- where we are processing your information on the basis of legitimate interests and you object to such processing and we cannot demonstrate an overriding legitimate ground for the processing;
- where you have provided your information to us with your consent and you wish to withdraw your consent and there is no other ground under which we can process your information; or
- where you believe the personal information we hold about you is being unlawfully processed by us.
- Restriction: In certain circumstances, you have the right to ask us to restrict (stop any active) processing of your personal information:
- where you believe the information we hold about you is inaccurate and while we verify accuracy;
- where we want to erase your information as the processing is unlawful but you want us to continue to store it;
- where we no longer need your information for the purposes of our processing but you require us to retain the data for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims; or
- where you have objected to us processing your information based on our legitimate interests and we are considering your objection.
- In addition, you can object to our processing of your personal information based on our legitimate interests and we will no longer process your personal data unless we can demonstrate an overriding legitimate ground.
- At any time you have the right to object to our processing of information about you in order to send you marketing, including where we build profiles for such purposes, and we will stop processing the data for that purpose.
- To exercise any of these rights above, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please note that these rights are limited, for example, where fulfilling your request would adversely affect other individuals where there are overriding public interest reasons or where we are required by law to retain your personal data.
XVI. Contact Us
In the event that you wish to make a complaint about how we process your personal information, please contact us in the first instance at email@example.com and we will endeavor to deal with your request as soon as possible. This is without prejudice to your right to raise a complaint with a relevant supervisory authority.